Panathinaikos A.O. is preparing for the upcoming 2023/24 season with a significant reinforcement, welcoming Martina Samadan, a formidable middle blocker to the roster. The 30-year-old Croatian player brings a wealth of experience and quality to the Greek team.
Samadan’s inclusion is set to provide a substantial boost to the squad, with expectations high for both domestic and European competitions. With a diverse career across multiple European leagues, her expertise and experience are invaluable. Last season saw Samadan playing in Nantes, France.
Speaking to www.pao1908.com, an excited Samadan expressed her enthusiasm about the move. “I am thrilled about the opportunity I have been given to compete in Panathinaikos. I’m eagerly awaiting the start of the season and can’t wait to play in front of the amazing fans of the team.”
Samadan’s illustrious career spans several clubs and countries:
- 2012-16: Seattle University
- 2016-17: CSM Volei Alba-Blaj – Romania
- 2017-18: HAOK Mladost – Croatia
- 2018-19: Imoco Volley Conegliano & Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio – Italy
- 2019-20: Allianz MTV Stuttgart – Germany
- 2020-21: Savino Del Bene Scandicci – Italy
- 2021-22: HAOK Mladost – Croatia
- 2022-23: Neptunes de Nantes Volley-Ball – France
As a key player in the Croatian National team, Samadan’s addition to Panathinaikos A.O. is undoubtedly a significant move for the club, promising an exciting season ahead.