Home » Fenerbahce Universal clips speedy win over German opponent

Fenerbahce Universal clips speedy win over German opponent

by WoV
source: cev.lu

Istanbul, Turkey, November 30, 2011. Fenerbahce Universal ISTANBUL soared to a 3:0 win (25-16, 25-19, 25-21) over DRESDNER SC of Germany for the home debut in the 2012 CEV Volleyball Champions League that was played at “Burhan Felek” Volleyball Hall with 3’200 fans in attendance.

fenerbahce

Fenerbahce Universal clips speedy win over German opponent

First set

Fenerbahce started strong (8:5), holding the pressure with a combination of great attacks and high blocks with Korean star Yeon-Koung Kim contributing 6 points for the final 25-16.

Second set

DRESDNER SC fought bravely for every single point especially with Anne Matthes but could not stop the march of Fenerbahce that went comfortably for the 2:0 (25-19).

Third set

After initially trailing 2:5, Fenerbahce got back on track in set 3 to finish it off in straight sets.  Kim, Lioubov Sokolova and Anne Matthes top scored on Wednesday night with 13 points apiece.

Of course we knew Fenerbahce is a very experienced team and they deserved to win. However, I am happy with the way my team played tonight. Our first setter Mareen Apitz stayed in Germany as she has a back injury and even though we played with a young group, it was not too bad” says the head coach of DRESDNER SC Alexander Waibl

Because of some injuries we could not play with our real team there, so I think we will have more chances for the return in Germany” adds captain Stefanie Karg

I am happy with the result but we still have to improve our game. The team has just got together, so we need time for training. Our reception was the weakest point today” comments local mentor Zé Roberto.

Fenerbahce captain Seda Tokatlioglu concludes: “It is the most elitist tournament in Europe. Although we play at home, the atmosphere is very different. Our target is very high and we want to attain the goal to take the title”.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close