The German Bundesliga Volleyball season kicked off with thrilling matches in its first round.
At Arena Kreis Düren, SWD powervolleys Düren had a challenging win against TSV Haching Munich, securing a 3-1 victory. Dominating the early sets with scores of 25-15 and 25-16, the Düren team lost their third set 23-25 but managed to rebound and clinch the final set at 25-21. Coach Matti Alatalo emphasized the importance of maintaining a consistent performance level throughout future matches.
Meanwhile, in a jam-packed Lina-Radke-Hall, Baden Volleys SSC Karlsruhe lost to Herrsching with a score of 1-3. Despite the loss, they showcased some impressive phases of exciting volleyball.
Berlin Recycling Volleys turned their game around against Helios Grizzlys Giesen in front of a massive crowd of 6,513 spectators at the Max-Schmeling-Halle, turning a set deficit into a 3-1 victory. Among the team’s standout players, Nehemiah Mote from Australia earned the first MVP medal of the season.
On Saturday, VfB Friedrichshafen secured a 3-0 victory over the newly promoted team, FT 1844 Freiburg.
In other matches of the round:
- SVG Lüneburg outplayed Energiequelle Netzhoppers KW with a 3-0 victory.
- ASV Dachau was narrowly defeated by VC Bitterfeld-Wolfen in a tight 2-3 match.
1st Bundesliga – Round 1
- SVG Lüneburg vs. Energiequelle Netzhoppers KW 3-0, (25-17, 25-19, 25-15)
- ASV Dachau vs. VC Bitterfeld-Wolfen 2-3 (25-16, 25-23, 18-25, 19-25, 12-15)
- Berlin Recycling Volleys vs. Helios Grizzlys Giesen 3-1 (21-25 25-20 25-17 29-27)
- SWD powervolleys Düren vs. TSV Haching Munich 3-1 (25-15, 25-16, 23-25, 25-21)
- VfB Friedrichshafen vs. FT 1844 Freiburg 3-0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-20)
- Baden Volleys SSC Karlsruhe vs. WWK Volleys Herrsching 1-3 (15-25, 25-23, 22-25, 21-25)