Based on the decisions of the most recent FIVB Board of Administration, the FIVB released a competition calendar for 2020 in which they will implement the following:
• A regulated break for the athletes competing in the club season, Nations League and 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games;
• The club season will start as of September 15, 2020.
• FIVB has created a working group to define the FIVB calendar for the period between 2021 and 2024, which is the next Olympic cycle.
As it is visible, the FIVB reacted to the complaints that players made in regard to busy calendar, three months ago, and regulated a period during which they will be able to take a break. That period will be between August 10 and 23.
Here are the dates for volleyball tournaments in the FIVB calendar for 2020:
- January 6-12: Continental Olympic Qualification Tournaments
- May 19-June 21: Women’s and Men’s FIVB Nations League Preliminary Round
- June 24-28: Women’s and Men’s FIVB Challenger Cup
- July 1-5: Women’s and Men’s FIVB Nations League Final Six
- July 24-August 9: Women’s and Men’s 2020 Tokyo Olympics tournaments
- August 10-23: Regulated athletes break
- August 17-30: Women’s and Men’s Continental Championship Qualifications
Since you are here…
…we have a small favor to ask. WorldofVolley is one of the most popular volleyball websites in the world that provides many volleyball news daily. We are covering many worldwide competitions, trying to inform all of our fans by publishing the breaking news.
Since we want to keep our future much secure, consider this donate button as a way to support our work and to help us grow.