– Now you have a slight pause in the Russian Superliga. “Dinamo” is in fifth place, three points behind “Uralochka” and a guaranteed place in the play-offs. What is the goal for your team?
– We are struggling to make it into the top four. Even though we have small injuries, I’m sure the girls will be ready at the right time and will fight to the end to accomplish this task.
– Have you watched the male Star Game?
– Unfortunately, no.
– And if you could, would you?
– Of course, I would even go to see it live, if there were such an opportunity.
– Russian women’s team coach is Yuriy Marichev. What do you think of his appointment?
– Two years ago, I worked with this coach here in Krasnodar. I had a very positive experience and I am glad that now he will coach the team. I think the team will have changes. In general, I am satisfied.
– What opportunities can a male coach give to the women’s team?
– He explained to us a lot, showed us how to act on the court, tactical actions. In training, we had a lot of blocking training, and generally in defense. It was the most basic elements.
– So you think that he could manage the national team?
– This is new for him. He will be able to properly talk and find contact with the team. Everything will be okay.
Read more volleyball interviews.
Check out our After sport’s caeer section, every Thursday a new story! Next time read about Dejan Bodiroga to be President of FIBA Europe.