– Pauline, Béziers had a tricky period.
– We are in a period of preparation for the end of the season. There is physical fatigue. It reflects on the results. We also came across some very good teams lately. Since we finished third last season and we have a rank to maintain, teams tend to play good against us.
– What is lacking in Angels’ game?
– I will not reveal everything, the opponents will know all our faults (laughs). What I can say is that we lack clarity in the important moments.
– How do you approach the end of the season and the match with Calais?
– We know we have to win every game. For now, the results of the other teams are in our favor. But we did not want to rely on other results. We must win to ensure the fourth position.
– Especially as the race for play-offs is not yet won. Some teams are still trying.
– Nothing is done. We need two victories to ensure the fourth place.
– Fourth place would mean semifinals against Cannes.
– The goal of the season would be acquired. And we have nothing to lose against Cannes.
– The last match against Le Cannet could be decisive in the race for play-offs.
– This is why we need to ensure that we win the games against Calais and Le Hainaut before that. A win against Calais would give us confidence for the end of the season.
– Do you feel the pressure?
– Of course we have the pressure on our shoulders, good pressure, otherwise it would be too easy. This is important. We must stay positive.
– As captain, the qualification for the play-offs is important to you?
– Qualification for the play-offs is important for me but it is also important for the team, the club, the fans and the club’s youth. It is important to complete the objectives of the club and achieve better results than the last time.
– The Women’s Day, may perhaps allow Angels to relax before the match.
– Every day is women’s day (laughs).
For more volleyball news from this competition click on France.