The top seed Allianz MTV Stuttgart prevailed over No.8 VC Wiesbaden in straight sets (25-18, 25-17, 25-17) in Game 1 of the 1. Bundesliga Frauen 2018/19 playoff quarterfinals, dominating in block (15). American Krystal Rivers was the best scorer for the regular season winners with 21 points, including five kill blocks. Her compatriots Mallory McCage and Paige Tapp set up four kill blocks each. Jennifer Hamson, another U.S. player, was the only player with double digits in Wiesbaden – 10 points.
The second seed SSC Palmberg Schwerin cruise to a 3-0 victory over No.7 USC Münster, starting the second set with an 8-0 to completely chase away opponent’s hopes of achieving a good result today. An American outside hitter McKenzie Adams led Schwerin’s scorers with 13 points. Jennifer Geerties served five aces. In Münster, an 18-year-old Linda Bock scored 11 points.
1. Bundesliga Frauen 2018/19 playoff quarterfinals – Game 1 (G2 on April 3-4):
(1) Allianz MTV Stuttgart – (8) VC Wiesbaden 3-0 (25-18, 25-17, 25-17)
(2) SSC Palmberg Schwerin – (7) USC Münster 3-0 (25-14, 25-20, 25-16)
(3) Dresdner SC – (6) Ladies in black Aachen 2-3 (25-22, 23-25, 21-25, 25-18, 10-15)
(4) SC Potsdam – (5) Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 3-1 (25-17, 25-22, 20-25, 26-24)
Since you are here…
…we have a small favor to ask. WorldofVolley is one of the most popular volleyball websites in the world that provides many volleyball news daily. We are covering many worldwide competitions, trying to inform all of our fans by publishing the breaking news.
Since we want to keep our future much secure, consider this donate button as a way to support our work and to help us grow.