– Ivana, Istres found its game lately. How do you explain this return to form?
– We have a different attitude in recent games. We approach matches differently, we take more pleasure than before in the field. We need to continue this momentum.
– You had two wins against two big teams in the league, before this weekend, against Béziers Le Cannet.
– Yes. We were leading 2-0 in Béziers, which returned to the game. This is a good team. But I’m glad we managed to win in the fifth set. For Le Cannet, we had a bit of luck because they were not complete. Sanja Bursac hadn’t played.
– What is you goal.
– We are very confident. We want to finish in the top ten teams.
– At 30, do you still enjoy being on the field?
– Yes, especially when we win. In the moments when we win, I tell myself that I could play up to forty years, it feels good good. Conversely, in difficult times, it happens that I say I’ll finish soon.
– You arrived at Istres in 2004. Have you ever wanted to play elsewhere?
– At the time, I felt good here, I did not necessarily want to leave. I always liked Istres. And I have my family here now. I think I will finish my career at Istres, although you never know …
– Can you manage this responsibilities as a mom and player?
– Yes, initially it was not easy, but now it is, he has two years and one month. It’s easier, I found a wonderful nanny. What is certain is that I do not have much time as my teammates to do something else. But it’s still fun.
Read more volleyball Interviews.
Check out our After sport’s career section, every Thursday a new story! Next time read about Where is Alberto Tomba now?