At first I spoke of the Olympic weight lifting training, as according to the performance volleyball model we discovered that our sport requires “maximum dynamic power” and “explosive-reactive strength resistance”. Weight lifting exercises train those kinds of power.
Now we can make a clarification in order to classify the different kind of “strength or power or force” (those words are different, and have their own meanings in English dictionary).
- “Maximum power” M.P. is the capacity to develop the strength to lift maximal load that does not allow to modulate the speed of execution (Bosco et al. 1985);
- “Maximum dynamic power” M.D.P. is the capacity to lift a submaximal load (resistance) with a maximum acceleration contraction (Bosco et al. 1985);
- “Explosive power” E.P. is the ability to develop high gradient of strength in a short time (Bosco et al. 1985)
- “Reactive power” R.P. is the capacity to absorb the kinetic or potential energy due to race ora fall, returned as a result of contracting the muscle stretch reflex (Bosco andColl. 1985)
According with the % of 1RM (max kg you can perform 1 repetition of one specific exercise without time considering) I can conclude that: -over 70% of 1RM you train the M.P. -between 30%-70% of 1RM you train M.D.P. -under 30% of 1RM you train “explosive power” E.P. -free body with high enter velocity is “reactive power” R.P.
According with the stimulation time for one action (one rep) we can say that:-in the M.P. it’s over 700ms;-in the M.D.P. it’s between 300-500ms (ballistic action); -in the E.P. it’s between 150-300ms
According with the velocity of the bar (ergopower) (if you consider for example half squat exercise) we can say that: -0,5m/s is the average bar speed when you perform exercises of 80% of 1RM-between 0,6 and 1,2m/s is the bar’s speed when you want to train the M.D.P. (0,6m/s for % around 30% and 1,2m/s for % nearly the E.P.-over 1,2m/s you train the E.P.
My point is that you cannot train only one of them because all of them are connected and volleyball requires them all.
The “explosive force” allows the player to accelerate and jump for optimum performance and is essential for the reactive force.
The “reactive power” allows the player to realize high intensity action in a very short time.
The “maximum dynamic power” is directly connected with the “explosive power” but allows to maintain the “maximum power”.
The “maximum power” allows athlete’s body structure to absorb all the eccentric impact and to preserve tendons and joint structure from high tension.
Next…again about strength…
Alessandro Bracceschi (Fano, Italy 16/07/1980)
- Degree in accounting (I.T.C Battisti, Fano 1998)
- Degree in Physical Education (with emphasis on Prevention/Rehabilitation) University of Urbino, Italy 2003
- 2006-2007 Player and Athletic Trainer “Nuncas Piu Volley Chieri”
- 2006-2007 Athletic Trainer “Pallavolo Torino” Men’s Division C, Italy
- 2007-2008 Athletic Trainer “Santeramo Sport” Women’s Division A1, Italy
- 2007-2011 Athletic Trainer Bulgarian Women’s National and Junior National Teams
- 2008-present Athletic Trainer “Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta” Women’s League 1, Turkey Champion’s League
Ita Tel N. 00393335848862
Tur Tel.N. 00905469496591