Minas Tenis Clube successfully defended their continental title, finishing undefeated at the top of the single round-robin pool of the 2019 Women’s South American Club Championship which they hosted at home in Belo Horizonte.
It was the fourth title in the history of the competition for Itambe Minas Tenis Clube, who beat Dentil / Praia Clube of Uberlandia 3-0 (25-21, 25-16, 26-24) in the decisive closing match, for a 1-2 Brazilian finish. Brazilian clubs have been monopolizing the gold medals since 1988.
Minas were led by their captain Carol Gattaz, who received the tournament’s MVP award for the second year running.
The 37-year-old middle blocker headed the tournament’s Dream Team:
• MVP: Carol Gattaz (Minas Tenis Clube)
• Outside hitters: Gabi Guimaraes (Minas Tenis Clube) & Fe Garay (Praia Clube)
• Middle blockers: Fabiana Claudino (Praia Clube) & Bianca Farriol (San Lorenzo)
• Opposite: Bruna Honorio (Minas Tenis Clube)
• Setter: Macris Carneiro (Minas Tenis Clube)
• Libero: Leia Silva (Minas Tenis Clube)
Since you are here…
…we have a small favor to ask. WorldofVolley is one of the most popular volleyball websites in the world that provides many volleyball news daily. We are covering many worldwide competitions, trying to inform all of our fans by publishing the breaking news.
Since we want to keep our future much secure, consider this donate button as a way to support our work and to help us grow.