– Julien, you weren’t too disappointed to end your holiday after being called to the national team?
– (Laughs) No, on the contrary, it is always pride to represent your country.
– You will play against great volleyball nations.
– Argentina will do anything to win because it will host the finals. Brazil and the United States, they have great teams, we’ll have to give our best to get a good result.
– What about Poland and Bulgaria. Do you have a chance?
– There is always a chance. We are a fairly young team under construction. Despite two losses to Bulgaria, we showed that we have potential. We need to continue to be combative, aggressive, and to play as a team. We must be consistent if we want to make something happen.
– The World League is a good preparation for the European Championship coming in September.
– Yes, it is also a preparation for the European Championship. We hope to find our form.
– You could have taken more points from the matches with Bulgaria?
– We took one out of six. We liked to take a little more but we have to be satisfied with that and continue to hold your head high.
– What about the United States, your next opponent?
– This is apparently a fairly young team. We will try to strike a blow. They are young, just like us. You never know what might happen.
– You personally had a good game. Laurent Tillie spoke highly of you.
– I played well. I hope it lasts. I always give my best but I was very disappointed not to win. I would have preferred to be less efficient if it ment we would win two or three points.
To read more about this competition click on World League 2013.