Why Joana’s tips? She is a certified nutritionist who is currently serving as the Coordinator of the Nutrition Service at the Porto University’s Sports Centre.
Check out her tips:
Taking into account this atypical period that we face, and at a time when we must also take care of our diet, I leave some advice:
• In order to avoid contact with other people as much as possible, it may be better to use the supermarket’s delivery service
• It is crucial to respect the rules of food safety, as well as washing well the food and disinfecting all surfaces and utensils used in cooking
• Increase the consumption of fruits and try to choose those that have a greater antioxidant power such as oranges, kiwis, tangerines, red fruits, as well as vegetables
• Reduce fat intake and opt for more interesting fats, such as oil fruits and olive oil, is important to control the portions, and also resort whenever possible to the use of aromatic herbs
• Reinforce hydration through water, teas, sugar-free lemonades, for example, and do not drink only when you are thirsty
• Maintain protein intake
• Adjust the intake of foods rich in carbohydrates, as it may be necessary due to a decrease in physical activity, but do not restrict them, as they are necessary for daily tasks and maintaining muscle mass levels
• When you feel the need for a snack, choose foods like fruit, light gelatine, Lupini beans, popcorn without oil, carrot sticks, etc.
• It is extremely important to maintain physical activity and fight a sedentary lifestyle.
Since you are here…
…we have a small favor to ask. WorldofVolley is one of the most popular volleyball websites in the world that provides many volleyball news daily. We are covering many worldwide competitions, trying to inform all of our fans by publishing the breaking news.
Since we want to keep our future much secure, consider this donate button as a way to support our work and to help us grow.