– Yann, you started season with appetite, but with twelve points, we imagine that you are still hungry.
– Yes, for sure. We are in a very dangerous position. We must take points back and get out of the red zone.
– What is wrong in Tourcoing this season?
– We had a lot of losses, but often with very tight scores. On some games, we could have played tie-breaks, and a few we could won. Many failures have been repeated in recent games. It is not always easy. It is demoralizing. We are still looking for our game.
– In eleven games you won at least one set. That is a sign you have potential.
– Exactly. We lost a lot of sets by just two points, it’s amazing.
– Is the atmosphere is heavy it in the locker room?
– No, the group is well. The atmosphere is correct. Too see the club, which is one of the largest French clubs, this place in the standings, it’s disturbing, frustrating. We do not want to be here. But this is our situation, we look ahead and prepare the big games that are coming.
– Is it difficult to motivate your troops as captain?
– No, the motivation is there. The captain doesn’t provide all the solutions, he is not the savior. Everyone has a role in the team and knows what to do. I am here to encourage, give a boost when we need it. And also to concentrate on my game. Everyone has their mission on the field.
– Personally, how do you feel physically?
– I alternate between good and bad games. It depends somewhat on the shape of the team. We can not find consistency. We need to improve our game.
– Do you plan to end your career at the end of the season?
– I do not know yet. I have not decided. I still have a little time to think about it. I will make a decision fairly quickly.
For more volleyball news from this competition click on France.