– Marien, have you missed the Championship of France?
– It’s true that it’s nice to finish the season in Cannes although initially, it was not the goal. I had a big season in Puerto Rico. We won the championship, everything went well. After that, I joined with Qatar (Al Arabi) for financial reasons completely. But there was a problem on my international paperwork transfer. I was not qualified for the first game and they called another player, and later could not afford both. So I stayed a little to try to salvage something from a legal point of view because I still had a contract. And since I have an apartment in Cannes, I returned to France. I trained with the guys and when Robert Tarr was injured, they offered me to be their joker. This is unexpected for me to arrive in France and be a part of one of the favorites in the playoffs, it’s great. There is something to do in the play-offs.
– Your future is here?
– I think until the end of the season, it is not necessarily my goal to stay in Cannes. But never say never…
– You would consider a return to the Caribbean…
– Why not. In any case, even if not in the coming years, I will go to Puerto Rico before the end of my career.
– What will you remember from Puerto Rico?
– There, there is a real American culture. It is a great professional club. I also played alongside great players like Soto and Muniz, who gave me their experience. There was also the coach of the Puerto Rico national team which was great. There was a great quality of life, I was well housed, at the seaside.
– You found another seaside in Cannes.
– The setting is nice here too. Here, all the players live together. I spent two great years at Cannes. We played a final and a semi-final if I remember correctly.
– Did you follow the path of AS Cannes this year?
– Of course, I just followed. There is potential, I think it will be fun.
– Do you feel physically prepared?
– I spent a month without playing but I stayed in shape at the gym. At first, as any player in recovery, we need about a week to recover, but it’s getting better and better.
– You can play against Sète, your last club in France. A special meeting for you.
– Yes, it is true, even though I do not know if I’ll play. I will come back little by little, and I’m here in case of problems.
– After the championship, you will play for France in the World League.
– The format has changed again. It has a beautiful pool, super interesting but complicated. We will have to fight to win third place. We will try to defeat the United States, Bulgaria and Argentina. I think Brazil and Poland will be above us all. We will have big trips to America, which is nice too.
For more volleyball news from this competition click on France.