– With what do you associate Christmas?
– First of all, with Saint Nicholas. This is a great time, which is also a break from the daily routine.
– What is Christmas like in your country?
– One of the most important elements is the Christmas tree. As in Poland, it is decked with baubles and lots of colorful trinkets. Nativity scene depicting the birth of Jesus is also present, in Italian is called presepe.
– Do you believe in Saint Nicholas?
– Of course.
– Do you celebrate the Saint Nicholas day in Italy?
– Yes, we celebrate this day after Christmas, on the sixth of January.
– What is your dream gift?
– It seems to me that at the moment it is winning the Polish championship this season.
– What do you wish for in the New Year?
– First of all the great games, and satisfactory performances on the field.
– Are you planning to return to Italy for Christmas? Who do you spend it with?
– I will probably spend Christmas in Italy with my closest family.
For more volleyball interviews click here.
Read our After sport’s career section, every Thursday a new story! Read about Vlade Divac focused on humanitarian work, sport’s management, and investment.