– Much of the team stopped training at the end of the season 2011/2012. Are the players in shape?
– The parameters are slightly worse than our expectations. We will then work individually to improve the individual subject, without going to affect any athlete with loads of work right away.
– These are the first few days of preparation. What do you plan for the coming weeks?
– We have begun work on Monday and we have 8 weeks, they will be divided into two blocks of 4 weeks. The first block will be devoted exclusively to general conditioning, an attempt to reduce body fat and increase muscle mass and then have a solid foundation for the second block of training. The first week will also be fundamental to know the new inputs and direct the individual work.
– Papi, and Fei De Cecco took part in the Olympics. Will it be more complicated for them?
– Having worked all summer, the three are likely to have great physical and mental fatigue. We will make plans for them individually.
– You will play in the Italian Championship and Challenge Cup. Will it be complicated to properly manage the workload arising from the two projects?
– When you are engaged in major competitions such as those mentioned above you automatically create expectations. This season will be very challenging. We must train properly.