The two-time consecutive MVP of the CEV Women’s EuroVolley, Tijana Bošković, made an incredible achievement in this year’s edition of the event.
The opposite hitter of the Serbia National Team, Tijana Bošković, played a great game against Turkey in the semi-final of the CEV Women’s EuroVolley 2021. Additionally, in the first set, she broke the world record for the spike speed. Somewhere in the middle of this period, she hit the ball at a speed of 110.3 km/h! These are the biggest numbers in women’s volleyball since there are official measurements.
The record Bošković broke was of Canadian Kiera Van Ryk of 108.1 km/h. Just a few days ago, in the match against Russia in the group stage of EuroVolley 2021, Bošković fired a ball at a speed of 107.5 km/h, which is the third-fastest spike in the world.
Top 5 fastests spikes in women’s volleyball:
1. Tijana Bošković (Serbia) – 110.3 km/h (vs Turkey, 2021)
2. Kiera Van Ryk (Canada) – 108.1 km/h (vs. USA, 2021)
3. Tijana Bošković (Serbia) – 107.5 km/h (vs Russia, 2021)
4. Tandara Caixeta (Brazil) – 106.9 km/h (vs China, 2018)
5. Tandara Caixeta (Brazil) – 106 km/h (vs Thailand, 2021)