– Can you tell us how this decision was made?
– In our volleyball silver is considered a failure. In the club and the national team. Now try to imagine the feeling of being in charge of two teams that are just waiting for the victories. It’s a constant stress! Constant state of a person living with no margin for error. Inevitably, there comes a day when you realize that you can not go on living like this.
– This understanding came on a particular day?
– I do not remember that day. After the Olympics, the guys from the team went away on a vacation, and I had four days to begin my work at the club …
– So you did not actually have any rest? Is it right to decide under the influence of chronic fatigue?
– When was I supposed to make my decision? To be “not tired,” I did not have a chance. I was five years in the national team.
– You leave behind a difficult legacy. The victory at the Olympics, which was waited for 32 years… You have to be very brave to raise your glove.
– I give way to others, giving them the opportunity to achieve great victories and do not think my legacy is heavy. I bring a team that knows how to win. These guys know the taste of big wins, and it is a lot. My follower will offer his vision to build a game.
– Did you achieve everything you wanted to win by winning on the Olympics?
– I haven’t. There is much more I would like to win.
– If you ever get called back to the national team, is there a chance that your answer would be “yes“?
– It’s pointless to speak about it now. I have no answer. We’ll see … it will take time.
For more news from this competition click on Russia.