Next Monday, September 3rd will take place the official launching of this tournament at 15.30 at the home in Buenos Aires city of the Buenos Aires Province House in Callao 237, with the presence of authorities belonging to Buenos Aires Province and Argentine Volleyball Federation authorities and delegates of both Argentine teams: Javier Weber – Gabriel Arroyo – Personal Bolívar and Waldo Kantor – Marcos Milinkovic – Buenos Aires Unidos.
The competition will take place under a formula of two pools of each teams each at Once Unidos Stadium – usual host site of Buenos Aires Unidos.
The competition promises high level matches with the presence of very important international players at both Argentine teams:
– 2 of the Bronze Medallists of Argentine Volleyball at Olympic Games: both coaches: Waldo Kantor and Javier Weber – Buenos Aires Unidos and Personal Bolivar respectively.
– 1 Olympic Champion: Giba, now belonging to the team of Bolivar and the first gold medallist of the Olympic Games that will play the Argentine League.
– 1 Argentine player in three Olympic Games – fought the Bronze Medal in Sydney 2000 and four World Championships: Marcos Milinkovic, best scorer of the 2002 World Championship and historical Argentine jersey player in different competitions and years (together with Kantor and Weber as playing mates).
– 6 Argentine players at the London Olympic Games 2012 playing for Argentina (Nicolás Uriarte and Nicolás Bruno – Buenos Aires Unidos and Sebastián Solé, Pablo Crer, Gabriel Arroyo and Alexis González – Personal Bolívar).
– 1 London Olympic Games 2012 USA player, the setter Donald Suxho, now with Bolívar.
– 1 French player at the Final of the 2006 FIVB World League and at the 2009 European Championship, the outstanding French spiker, Guillaume Samica.
– 1 winner of the 1998 FIVB World League, of the 1999 Pan-American Games and of the 2001 Great Champions Cup, the Cuban Angel Dennis.