Every day he is fighting with diabetes and because of that, in this inspiring video, Bas shares his story in answering on following questions:
1. After being diagnosed with type 1 (diabetes) how did you feel it would affect your future?
2. How do you about your daily control with diabetes, what’s your routine and are you on the pump or do you use multiple daily injections?
3. What is the biggest challenge you have faced in life?
4. When in sports how do you go about controlling your diabetes?
5. What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
6. Has type 1 diabetes ever caused problems during your accomplishments, and if so how did you overcome them?
7. Would you say there have also been some advantages to life with type 1 diabetes?
8. What is your message to others with diabetes?
9. And what is next for Bas van de Goor?!
Sebastiaan “Bas” Jacques Henri van de Goor was born September 4, 1971 in Oss, Noord-Brabant. He is a retired volleyball player from the Netherlands, who represented his native country at two consecutive Summer Olympics, starting in 1996.
At his Olympic debut he won the gold medal, alongside his younger brother and three-time Olympian Mike, by defeating arch rivals Italy (3-2) in the final. Four years later, Van de Goor ended up in fifth place at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia.
Visit Bas Van de Goor Foundation.
For similar stories, click on After sport’s career.
Check out Latest news.