The International Volleyball Hall of Fame (IVHF) announced the class of 2022 inductees.
This class of 2022 will be inducted into the IVHF in Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA, on October 22, and will include a wide range of accomplishments, knowledge, and history embodied into 6 volleyball boundary-movers: 3 from indoor volleyball, one from beach volleyball, and 2 officials.
The honorees for the next class, the 36th induction class, are:
- Kerri Walsh Jennings (USA), a 4-time beach Olympian and 3-time gold medalist;
- Bernardo Rezende ’Bernardinho’ (Brazil), an all-time great indoor Brazilian men’s (2 Olympic titles in 2004 and 2016) and women’s coach;
- Pieter Joon (Netherlands), the founder and first president of World ParaVolley, will be the first inductee in the ParaVolley category;
- Samuele Papi (Italy), a 4-time indoor Olympian who has won two silver and two bronze medals.
- Fernanda Venturini (Brazil), ex-wife of Bernardinho, 3-time indoor Olympian and bronze medalist;
- Peter Murphy (Netherlands), the former Technical Director of the Dutch federation and a 30-year member of the FIVB Technical Committee.
In total, the IVHF has inducted 155 people from 25 countries into its illustrious Hall of Fame, with 161 inductees expected after the 2022 tournament, including the first-ever ParaVolley inductee.