Bolívar managed to enter the Argentinean men’s volleyball championship Liga Argentina de Voleibol Banco Nación 2017/2018 playoff finals, in which they play UPCN San Juan Vóley Club (1-1 in the series, at the moment), but only after overcoming a misfortune with injuries of their players.
Believe it or not, five players of Bolívar sustained injuries in some part of the ongoing season that sidelined them for a substantial period of time. Fortunately, all except one (Belgian setter Frank Depestele) have returned to compete in the playoffs. Bolívar made a recap of the nature of these injuries on their official website.
1) Demián González: Achilles tendon rupture, was sidelined for 23 weeks after undergoing surgery.
2) Frank Depestele: Currently in Belgium continuing recovery from surgery of the rupture of the extensor apparatus in the left knee.
3) Agustín Ramonda: tore an anterior cruciate ligament, was sidelined for 28 weeks.
4) Maximiliano Gauna: Right shoulder contusion with post-traumatic periarthritis humeroscapularis.
5) Alexis González: gastrocnemius muscle contracture with mild myofibrillar distension.