– Mr. Liu, the Cup competition was important at that time, is it today?
– When I think back to the 90s, the Cup was important – but the German Championship was more important. From 2005, that changed. Especially with the merger of men’s and women Cup final, it has become a mega event, a holiday for the German Volleyball.
– What are your expectations?
– As an athlete you always want to win. This is true not only for me but also for the team.
– Do you fear another defeat?
– Not at all. We know, of course, the initial situation and the performance of individual players. This then results in certain individual and tactical options as well as a specific profile of a team. I know the capabilities of my team. If we can achieve our potential, no one in Moerser needs to be afraid.
– How would you classify the atmosphere?
– German Volleyball had its audience for decades, a small but dedicated audience. During the Cup they have the chance to see the best German players. And quite often we hear the phrase, “it’s great to see you again”.
For more volleyball news from this country click on Germany.